Welcome to Lone Star Defense & Arms LLC!
Whether a beginner or an expert, we help you protect what’s important. We not only specialize in unique and exotic firearms and equipment, we focus on offering you what’s most important: peace of mind. During these very difficult and uncertain times, the only way to have peace of mind is to be prepared to handle any situation, at any time. That’s why we provide only the best quality new and used firearms, ammunition, pepper spray, and less-lethal defense equipment to all our clients in the Houston Metro Area and beyond. We can also help you earn your Concealed Handgun License or complete an FFL transfer right here in our shop. Proudly serving Houston, Memorial, Pasadena, River Oaks, Spring Branch, Midtown, Baytown, Katy, Sugar Land, Stafford and surrounding areas since 2013.
Contact Lone Star Defense & Arms LLC for Ammo, CHL, Concealed Handgun License, FFL Transfer, Firearms, Gun Shop, Guns For Sale, Handguns, Pepper Spray, and Used Guns For Sale. Proudly supporting the areas of Baytown, Houston, Katy, Memorial, Midtown, Pasadena, River Oaks, Spring Branch, Stafford, Sugar Land, and surrounding areas.
CONTACT US NOW FOR MORE INFORMATION
Contact Lone Star Defense & Arms for Ammo in Stafford, CHL in Stafford, Concealed Handgun License in Stafford, FFL Transfer in Stafford, Firearms in Stafford, Gun Shop in Stafford, Guns For Sale in Stafford, Handguns in Stafford, Pepper Spray in Stafford, Used Guns For Sale in Stafford, and in surrounding areas.
Below is some general information about Stafford:
Stafford is a city in the U.S. state of Texas within the HoustonÐThe WoodlandsÐSugar Land metropolitan area. The city is mostly in Fort Bend County, with a small portion in Harris County. As of the 2010 U.S. Census, Stafford’s population was 17,693.
William Stafford established a plantation with a cane mill and a horse-powered cotton gin in 1830. On April 15, 1836, during the Texas Revolution, the forces of Antonio L—pez de Santa Anna stopped at Stafford’s plantation and ordered it to be burned. Stafford rebuilt his plantation and resided there until his 1840 death. A settlement called Stafford’s Point established itself around the plantation; it became a townsite in August 1853 when the Buffalo Bayou, Brazos and Colorado Railway began stopping at Stafford’s Point. Stafford’s Point had a post office from 1854 to 1869. Staffordville had a post office from January 5, 1869 to February 26, 1869. The settlement, now known as Stafford, operated a post office from 1869 to 1918; the post office reopened in 1929. In 1884, Stafford had 50 residents, two general stores, and a grocer. By 1896, the settlement had a population of 300. By 1914, the population fell to 100. In 1931, 320 people lived in Stafford. This increased to 400 residents in 1946. Stafford incorporated as a city in 1956.
Stafford has not had a municipal property tax since 1995. Even though it is known as a bedroom community of the greater Houston area, it is estimated that four times as many people work in Stafford on a week day, which is evidence of the large amount of commercial activity that helps the city financially. Many corporations both large and small, including the United Parcel Service, and Tyco maintain significant operations in Stafford. Texas Instruments facility in Stafford; Texas Instruments is Stafford’s largest employer. Originally Stafford was an agricultural community. As of 2009, Stafford has operations from commercial, manufacturing, retail, service, and wholesale industries which pay sales and franchise taxes to the city. Stafford is known internationally for attracting valve manufacturing companies; eleven are located here. Stafford has fifteen business parks, one shopping center, and nineteen hotels and motels.
Texas Instruments operates a production facility in Stafford, where it manufactures 6-inch wafers used in cell phones, high-definition televisions, and solar devices. The plant first opened in 1967. In 2009 Texas Instruments, which had around 1,500 employees in its Stafford office during that year, is, as of 2008, the largest employer in the city. In 2012, the company announced that it is closing its Stafford plant because industry demand for larger, more efficient wafers increased and the company, in lieu of upgrading the Stafford plant to accommodate production of larger wafers, opted to shift production to newer plants. Of the 1,000 employees at the plant during that year, TI will lay off 500 and send 500 to another facility. Leonard Scarcella, the Mayor of Stafford, said that the closure would adversely affect Stafford. About 15 years ago, TI comprised approximately 25 percent of the city’s economy and now it stands at about one-tenth of that, or 2.5 percent. Some jobs at the plant will end in July 2012. Other jobs will remain until the factory’s closure in late 2012. TI stated that it plans opening another facility in Greater Houston for the 500 remaining employees. In 2012 TI announced that it was relocating its Fort Bend County operations to the Telfair area in Sugar Land.
The city has the only municipal school district (Stafford Municipal School District) in all of Texas. In 1977, Stafford broke away from the Fort Bend Independent School District, which caused several rounds of federal litigation; and, by 1981, it was finally declared that the Stafford Municipal School District was constitutional. Almost all of Stafford was in FBISD, with a minuscule portion in the Houston Independent School District. All of Stafford is now zoned to the Stafford Municipal School District, which is the only municipal school district in Texas that is controlled by the city. Residents pay property taxes to the school district. When most of Stafford was a part of Fort Bend ISD, Staffordshire Elementary was located in Stafford. Staffordshire housed Black students in grades 1-4. Staffordshire closed in September 1965 when Fort Bend ISD desegregated. The district later sold the Staffordshire property.
Source: Stafford on Wikipedia